The new Focal Trio6 Be Red Burr Ash double monitor meets the needs of the most demanding sound engineers, designed for nearfield and midfield applications. Its extreme neutrality, the precision of the stereo image and its ability to reproduce the tiniest details of sound are the answer to the most picky engineers. In the same way, the class G amplification used on the midrange and the subwoofer enable extremely high SPLs to be reached to meet the needs of modern music.
In designing Trio11 Be, Focal wanted both more power and less noise. And Focal succeeded. In addition to new speaker drivers (a 5" midrange and a 10" subwoofer), the loudspeaker employs the brand’s very latest acoustic and electronic technologies, which reduce distortion even further.
TMD technology (on the surround of the medium driver) for more control and less distortion; NIC technology for a stabilised magnetic flux; optimised vents to promote dynamic control and perfect bass definition; high excursion to give the speaker driver even more linearity, and more. Thanks to these technologies, Focal has managed to combine powerful amplifiers with high-efficiency and high-power handling speaker drivers whilst ensuring the absence of noise, the reproduction of the tiniest details and the precision of the stereo image.
Like Trio6 Be, Trio11 Be comprises a 3-way monitor and a 2-way monitor, which makes it possible to check the sound quality of the mix by using FOCUS mode - a Focal innovation - that is remote controllable and can be activated by simply pressing a control pedal.
Thanks to the Class G amplification used on the midrange and the subwoofer, Trio11 Be delivers a high SPL - 118 dB at 3.3 feet (1 m) - and is extremely versatile when it comes to nearfield usage and installation configurations as well as the midfield. Versatile and powerful, this monitor responds perfectly to the needs of both modern music and the most exacting sound engineers, also providing an extended bandwidth (30 Hz-40 kHz).
A Focal signature, the pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter was a natural fit for Trio11 Be, offering a perfectly linear frequency response and a detailed reproduction of the treble. Its exclusive profile guarantees optimum energy transfer from the coil to the dome making a high efficiency tweeter (capable of covering 5 octaves from 1000 to 40,000 Hz) whilst also promising wide sound dispersion.
The 10" subwoofer’s ‘W’-profile cone enables veritable optimisation of the frequency response thanks to precise control of the rigidity, lightness and damping. The balance between these three fundamental parameters is the basis of the monitor’s incredible sound neutrality.
The aluminium baffle incorporating the tweeter and woofer is adjustable through 360°, in 90° increments, so Trio11 Be can be used either vertically or horizontally. This function makes it possible to optimise the monitor’s performance based on its positioning in the room and the latter’s acoustics.
Finally, the cabinet, developed and manufactured by Focal in its cabinetry workshop in Bourbon-Lancy in France, consists of two side panels and a body in MDF measuring between 13/16" (21mm) and 13/16" (30mm) thick: an indicator of the quality of each material chosen, combined with careful attention to the finishes. Trio11 Be has two side panels in a natural dark red burr-ash veneer and a black central body, for an aesthetic rendering that is also discreet and hard-wearing.
- Remote FOCUS switchover (3-way monitor or 2-way monitor) via control pedal (not included): control the transfer quality of mixes on compact systems quickly and simply
- Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directivity, linearity, dynamics
- ‘W’ composite sandwich cone on woofer and subwoofer: neutral sound, no distortion
- Rotating mid-treble plate: can be positioned horizontally or vertically
- Bass, mid-bass and treble settings on rear panel: optimum acoustical integration
- High SPL (118 dB @ 393/8'' - 1m)
- Optimised decoupling of the midrange speaker driver thanks to silent blocks
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Frequency response
- 3-way mode: 30Hz 40kHz (+/3dB)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 90Hz 20kHz (+/3dB)
- Maximum SPL
- 3-way mode: 118dB (peak @ 1m)
- 2-way mode (Focus): 105dB (peak @ 1m)
- Type/Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10KOhms
- Connectors: XLR
- Sensitivity: Adaptable, +4 dBu or -10 dBv
- Bass: 300W, class G
- Midrange: 150W, class G
- Treble: 100W, class AB
- Power Supply
- Local supply: 230V (1.6A T fuse) 115V (3.5A T fuse)
- Wiring: Connection Detachable IEC inlet power cord
- Indicators and controls
- Input sensitivity selector (+4dBu/-10dBV)
- Low frequency shelving (+/3dB from 35 to 250Hz)
- High frequency shelving (+/3dB from 4.5 to 40kHz)
- Low-mid EQ frequencies (+/3dB to 160Hz, Q factor = 1)
- FOCUS input / FOCUS output
- Auto standby
- Auto standby switch on the back of the loudspeaker: enable / disable switch
- Focus power on, clipping and default LED on front panel
Price will be around €4200 and available in March 2019.