Akai Professional, in partnership with Propellerhead Software, today announced the official release of Reason Lite for select Akai Pro controllers. Reason Lite offers eight instrument and/or audio tracks and maintains much of the same intuitive workflow, studio-grade instruments and powerful recording tools as the full version of Reason 10.
Reason Lite is available for free with the purchase of the following Akai hardware products:
• MPK225, MPK249, MPK261
• LPK25Wireless, LPD8Wireless
Current owners of these products can simply log in to their user account at akaipro.com to get their free Reason Lite license. Upon getting the license number, the Reason Lite download can be accessed from Propellerhead’s website.
Reason Lite features:
• Plug-and-play support for AKAI MIDI controllers
• Studio-grade recording and mixing tools to polish your creations to perfection
• 9premiuminstruments: Synths, samplers, drum machines
• 11 effect processors: reverb, delay, EQ, distortion and much more
• 2+GB of included sounds, loops and samples
• Extend your sound with VST and Rack Extension plugins
“Including Reason Lite with our family of hardware controllers means that our customers have an actual DAW to begin creating music in immediately upon purchase, said Akai Pro Brand Manager Torrie Jones. Pairing our plug-and-play hardware with Reason’s easy-to-learn software enables instant musical gratification without the steep learning curve.”